(Graphic courtesy of Know Your Mobile.)
With the tech industry evolving at an exceptional rate, it comes as no surprise when a new model of a phone is released, it is almost immediately followed by speculation as to what the NEXT model will be like. That being said, most of the information out there about the iPhone 6 is hear-say. Still, with much of our sales being Galaxy and iPhone parts, here at ReVamp we found ourselves asking,
Could the Galaxy S5 give the iPhone 6 a run for it’s money?
Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs:
- 5.1 inch screen
- 2.5GHz quad-core CPU
- 2GB of RAM
- a 2800mAh removable battery
- 16/32GB of memory with up to 128GB extra through microSD
- Gold, white, black, and blue back cover options
- Home button finger print scanner
- Water and dust resistant
(Possible) iPhone 6 Specs:
- 4.7 inch screen version to be released in the 3rd quarter of this year
- (This is version is expected to have a resolution of 1,334-by-750 pixels.)
- 5.5 inch screen (version to be released in the 4th quarter of this year)
- (This version is expected to have a resolution of 1920-by-1,080 pixels.)
- Bezel that is thinner by 10-20%
- The phone itself will have a thickness of 6.5-7 millimeters (as opposed to it’s current version’s thickness of 7.6 millimeters)
Do you think the Samsung Galaxy 5 could prove to be major competition for the iPhone 6? What do you think about the probable changes in the new iPhone?
For the Tech Radar review of the Galaxy 5, click here.
Ansuya. ” Can Samsung’s Galaxy S5 Take on the Next iPhone?” ” Technology. CNBC, 11 April, 2014. Web. 21 April 2014. <http://www.cnbc.com/id/101574931>
Briden, Paul. “Samsung Galaxy S5 vs iPhone 6 (Rumours): 2014’s Biggest Sellers Compared” Know Your Mobile. Know Your Mobile, 17 April 2014. Web. 21 April 2014. <http://www.knowyourmobile.com/apple/apple-iphone-6/21395/samsung-galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-6-rumours-2014s-biggest-sellers-compared>